Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Interview time!!

Todays interview is with Life of the Kalahari writer/artist Emma Kane. Read on!

1. Thanks for taking the time to answer some questions. First off, what's the comic about and
why?
Life of the Kalahari is about the Blacktails, a messed up meerkat group in a odd world where anything can be, and anything being the impossible, and bizarre. The reason it is like this is because I started my comic for my own amusement, not always for the pleasure of others. I think it's a nice break from reality, to go into the depths of my mind of put my weirdest thoughts onto to these odd animals.

2. About how much time and effort do you put into the comic?
On average, one hour. It takes longer to write then to draw the strip.

3. Have you ever considered printing your comic into a book?
Occasionally, but I don't think I ever will. The internet, for now, is a lot easier and more flexable for working on.

4. Do you see yourself doing LOTK for the foreseeable future, and do you have any other projects in the works?
I'm not quite sure what you mean there, but if it means doing my strip long into the future, probably yes. I love writing comics, and with a heck of a lot of time to waste it could go on, at the least three more years. In other projects, on and off I've been considering to do a strip (this one will be hand-drawn) about an only child named Millie, and her cat, Chester. Not sure about that, though.

5. If you could do a crossover with any other webcomic, which would it be and why?
Hmm.....I don't know many webcomics, but it'd be Ozy and Millie. It's a great, very funny strip, and boy, does it get a lot of hits.

6. Who are your influences, comic or otherwise?
Newspaper comic influences would be Pearls Before Swine, The Far Side, and Calvin and Hobbes. They're some hilairous and daring comics. I also like Foxtrot, but I only started reading that after creating Life of the Kalahari and I'm not sure it had influenced me that much.

7. Do you have any other hobbies?
Writing, outside of Life of the Kalahari.

8. Please tell the readers why they should check out your comic.
Oh boy! Advertising! You should read Life of the Kalahari not for the art or for something created by a professinol, but instead it shows what bit about I think(Egad! Political Refrences!) and that comics don't always have to be about reality.

9. Any last words?
Not really. My mind's dry right now.

Thanks for the review, and thanks to the readers for eyeballing it!

No comments: