Saturday, March 24, 2007

Heroes Of Audioland....


Okay, my first review. This comic, created by Michael Dyer, is about AudioMan, AudioBear, and AudioBabe and their heroic exploits in a place called Audioland. These three heroes have been handpicked to protect Audioland from outside threats, such as Neo-Nazis and Da Bowlin' Ball Team, some of the craziest supervillains I've ever seen.
Now, I like the heroes because of their simple designs and costumes. I mean, how can you go wrong with a bear in tights and a man wearing headphones while fighting crime? Also, there is an origin story to AudioLand, and the heroes powers are even explained, which are signs of good writing. On the other hand, the art seems rushed and a bit sketchy, which the artist even attests to under each comic. And from reading the comments he leaves under the comics, he tells us that the first book was drawn up in 24 hours and the second in a few days. I don't understand the need to let us know that this comic was rushed or your pens ran out on this comic so you switched from black to blue mid-page, but it's still sometimes interesting to read why this and that happened to each particular comic. The art does improve after Book 1 though, with the heroes even getting new costume designs and AudioBabe getting a new mission, and the comic lends itself better to color, which he tries out for a time.
All in all, it's not bad, but has a long way to go before it's a recommended read. Anyway, I'm not sure if this is the comic for you, but if you like superhero comics, you should at least give it a look and make your own decision on it, in my OPINION.

This comic is...Indifferent

1 comment:

Michael S. Dyer said...

Thanks for the review of my comic. I think it is spot on in both the strengths and weaknesses you list. I am in the process of re-illustrating the original stories that were done for rush print so hopefully it will look better after that. :D Cheers.

Sasjhwa
Heroes of Audio Land