Thursday, April 5, 2007

Life of the Kalahari....


Life of the Kalahari, by Emma Kane, seems to be about odd looking meerkats in the desert, living out their daily lives. I think.

The art in this comic is, well, to be honest, I don't find it appealing. It's just too scribbly and not very good. I honestly don't know what's happening half of the time in the panels either. More time spent practicing drawing would help things here. At least the color isn't half bad.

Trying to figure out what's going on in Life of the Kalahari is difficult as well, because it's just all over the place. The characters all seem to be insane(possibly from being in the sun too long?) and I couldn't really follow the storylines, as they were erratic and very odd. Maybe a page explaining what the comic is about would be a good thing.

I kept this review short because I was frustrated with the comic and therefore didn't want to continue. It felt like an acid trip or something. Maybe that's what she's going for with it? I don't know. Anyway, better writing and art is needed to make this a comic I would come back to. I'm bummed...

I give this comic....
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

2 comments:

themaskedmeerkat said...

AWESOME! I'M A LOSER! Hey, you think that my comic is insane, then you'd hate me. The last time anyone came within three feet of my, their head exploded. Sense is my arch rival, man. Insane is my, like, rock 'n' roll god. Stay away.

themaskedmeerkat said...

Oh yeah. My comic drawn done on a computer, so the arts a heck of a lot better then a stick comic.