DF from Modern Love decided to answer some questions for you readers so you could better understand the kind of mind it takes to make such a webcomic. That and I sent him some of my moms homemade gingerbread. Read on!
1. Describe what your comic is about and why you chose it as your first webcomic.
I think Modern Love Is about lots of things. I wouldn't know how to define It.
2. Walk us through the process of a webcomic creating day for you.
I don't actually have a "process". I have very little discipline.
3. Are the things you write about in your comic the way you really feel about love and
Sometimes yes. Sometimes I´m being autobiographical but pretending to be someone else.
4. If you could do a crossover with any other webcomic, which would it be and why?
I don´t know... What does crossover mean exactly?
5. Why black and white?
I keep the visuals simple to value "the idea". Plus I´m lazy. But I use color sometimes.
6. Where do you see this comic two years from now?
I have no idea.
7. Who or what are your influences for doing this comic?
Mostly autobio comics. Art wise, I like crumb, moebius, mccloud...
8. What kinds of pens/pencils/programs do you use?
Custom brushes in Photoshop.
9. Do you have any other projects you're working on for the future?
A portuguese version of the site (I´m brasilian), some long stories, a couple of books and
maybe some other webcomics. Then I'll cure AIDS.
10.One last question: tell the readers why they should check out your comic.
Readers, you should check out Modern Love because you might lke It. TIP: read at least a
dozen strips, cause a lot of them are really bad.
One more interview in the bag!