Sunday, June 17, 2007

The Forsaken...


I really liked the first Matrix film. It was a great action flick that used all sorts of new groundbreaking effects, and Neo was a cool hero, even if he was played by the "whoa" dude himself, Keanu Reeves. The Forsaken, by James R. Long, is in the same vein as The Matrix, Johnny Mnemonic, and a score of other VR themed properties. In the same vein, yes, but it has it's own unique qualities as well. Updates are undetermined from the home page.

The art and coloring for the comic is mostly professional grade and pretty damn cool. I say mostly because a few pages aren't colored, as if the artist was trying to keep his update schedule or something. But that's not a big deal. I can forgive a few uncolored pages when the art is this well done. I like the way he puts extra details in to let you get a good feel for the different VR worlds the characters upload themselves into, or whatever you call it. Anyway, great art.

The story so far follows several storylines involving different characters who will no doubt cross paths in the future. I'm interested to see if there is a big villain type in this story or not, and if James will be able to keep the momentum going. So far I like a few of the characters(The vampirate dude and the little wizard kid). I'm also curious to find out who this Raven lady is and what she wants from everyone. Just the fact that I'm interested in what's going on tells me that the writing is doing it's job. No real complaints here.

I liked this comic for it's detailed storyline and the dynamic and brightly colored artwork. I couldn't really find fault in it, as it's a good read and a decent way to spend a few minutes online. Check it out if you're into virtual reality or just into good comics.

I give this comic...
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

2 comments:

James said...

10 chimps! SaaaWEET! (now here's that $20 I promised...SHooSH!) On the serious side: Thank you for the review, Jack. I truly appreciate every chimp I get :D

Dread said...

The Forsaken is one of my favourite webcomics. I really can recommend it to everybody.