Monday, November 12, 2007

New Review: World's Worst Webcomic...


Ahem, before I begin, let me just say that you should go ahead and look at the title of this comic one more time before reading the review. Take a sec to think about what that means. Okay, ready? Let's do this..

World's Worst Webcomic is an abomination by design created by EvilCouch, and it is a continuity challenged gag comic(I think?) that has the characters of EvilCouch and Sacarasc doing battle with whatever comes around and themselves in crazily scribble alternate dimensions or something. I'm confused. The comic takes a bit of a mature slant, not in content really, but more in use of the f-bomb. Updates are, supposedly, five times a week, but it hasn't been very consistent as of late. Onward!

I'm going to just go ahead and jumble the art and story part of the review together, because there isn't a lot to wrap your head around here. Artwise you could crazy glue a crayon in a guppies mouth and have him flop around on a sheet of paper and get basically the same effect. Stick figures have never looked worse! Seriously, the comic is going for awful and it delivers every time, so that's a success unto itself. The jokes aren't really jokes, just crazy nonsense formed into sentences. And yet, I found myself enjoying some of it. What? Hey, World's Worst Webcomic here, folks. It's meant to be bad, and bad it is, but on purpose. It's so bad, in fact, that it's funny. I even spotted a Bruce Campbell reference in there, and anything that mentions Ash can't be horrible. I like the thought of EvilCouch coming home, turning on his computer, thinking for a second, "Hey, mashed potatoes are funny!" and five minutes later, putting up a new comic. I'll bet tons of webcomic creators would like to do that sometimes, right?

I kept it short because there is no story, no real jokes to gush over, and no constructive criticism to offer, because it's meant to be exactly as it is. What could I say, make it even worse? This made it difficult to give a rating to WWWC. What do I base my review on? EvilCouch went and made a horrendous comic, but by doing so, stands out from the crowd. So, can it truly be called the World's Worst Webcomic? Hmm....Apparently he hasn't seen Solipsism....

I give World's Worst Webcomic...
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
(For being just crazy enough to work)
(What do you think, was this the world's worst review?)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loved your blog. Thank you.