Tuesday, December 8, 2009

What are you just sick and tired of seeing in webcomics?

You know, goths; geeks sitting on couches playing and making fun of video games; inanimate objects trying to kill their owners in humorous and always unsuccessful ways(okay, maybe that one isn't so common), but you know what I mean. Cliches are a dime a dozen. So what are the dozen you hate? I for one am bored to death with animals having intelligent conversations about the universe and which came first, the chicken or the egg, blah blah blah. You're an animal. You should be wondering what that thing is biting you behind your ear, or which female sheep to hump next. Anyway, that's just my ramble. And no offense to any intelligent farm animal comics out there, because their are some really good ones(Zoology, for example), of which I've reviewed. And come on, don't worry about hurting anyone's feelings, hey, if you wanna say something like "I hate when review sites bitch about webcomics!" then say that too! Anything's game! It's open season! Speak!

8 comments:

Noel Curry said...

Coffee!

Unknown said...

Coffee! Don't you just hate having hot java hoisted on you in every comic!? Cmon people, gimme mo!

caanantheartboy said...

I'm a little tired of characters that exist solely as mouthpieces for the creator's political, social, pop cultural opinions. Especially if for the most part, there actually is a little character then whoa! out of left field... what is THAT about?

I get that we read strips to get a glimpse at any particular artist's unique world view, but there's less soap-boxy ways to do it. You can demolish a house two ways - take it apart brick by brick, or by explosions! OMG! ha ha!

I guess I'm saying stay true to your characters.

Heather E. said...

I'm a little tired of the cynical, angsty robot sidekick (or whatever other kind of technological being - there seems to be one in so many comics.)

Can't they be the comic relief for once? Or maybe, and I know this is a hard-to-envision stretch of the mind, try picking a really obscure creature/object to be the sidekick instead! *Gasp!*

For example: Kukuburi had a talking snail in a few panels. That was original.

Anonymous said...

The sarcastic asshole with his arms folded playing straight-man to the dumb boisterous asshole for four panels.

Or both characters taking turns at being the sarcastic asshole for our panels.

Basically, every webcomic out there that keeps aping Bloom County.

Unknown said...

"cynical, angsty robot sidekick"....uhoh. My new project just MIGHT have that going on....I'm going to have to play with that a bit and give it some more originality then. See? That's what I'm TALKING about!

Andrew Stella said...

I know everyone's tired of geeky stick figure comics, and I've got to say I would probably be incredibly sick of them had I not been lucky enough to author one haha

Jackson said...

I agree with Andrew. I'm tired of stick figure comics in general. Maybe I'm just bitter, but I feel like their success is an insult to those of us who can draw. It's like, if I can spend fifteen minutes on the art instead of two and a half hours and still be popular, what am I even trying for?