Monday, May 7, 2007

Bug Report...

Bug Report is a humor comic about gremlins who secretly work at a place called Haywire, Inc., a company that gets paid by big corporations to sabotage other corporations technology and equipment. Sound confusing? It really isn't. Bug Report updates on Mondays and Thursdays. The writer/artist is Mike Mann.

I've seen comics featuring demons and imps and such before, but this one has a unique look to it. The color scheme coupled with the nice fluid art style was a new experience for me, and I liked it, but it once or twice it was hard to follow. Example: it took me two reads to understand what happened in this strip. But overall the character designs are cool and the coloring job is very professional, which I guess I should expect from a guy with a degree in Graphic Design.

The writing is good, with the characters having pretty distinct personalities, but the jokes didn't make me laugh, only smirk. But to be fair, I rarely laugh out loud at comics that I read, I just thought that these could have been a bit funnier. What I mean to say is that these are gremlins and demons and such, yet they seem like normal everyday humans. Let's see some crazy gremlin humor! Now, I don't exactly know what crazy gremlin humor would be like, but that's the fun of it. You could do anything with these characters, and we couldn't say "they wouldn't do that". Am I making sense? I don't even know anymore....

Bug Report is a fairly new comic, actually it's a VERY new comic, so I can't pick it apart, so I'll just say it's a good start and can only get better from here. It's a well put together comic with a nice website, good art and not bad writing. I'll give it a more thorough look-see once it's got a nice archive behind it. What does the future hold? Only time will tell...

I give this comic...
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

1 comment:

MannPower said...

After looking over your other reviews and determing your 'mean' score (not unkind, but not-mean kind of mean), I've decided that eight chimps are nothing to scoff at. Especially if they're poop-laden.

Anywho, thanks for the review! I do agree that the initial strips were more 'cute' than 'LOL' funny. I'm only now getting enough of a grip on the characters to start getting more risque.

As for more 'gremlinny' antics, the latest arc that's begun will definitely be something that doesn't happen to you and I on a daily basis. ;)

Thanks again for the great review and your perspective!