Thursday, October 25, 2007

Todays Review: ThisComic...


THIScomic. Smayds Makes it. Lots of random killing, cursing, and sexual deviancy occurs. Updated daily. On to the review.

Artwork comes in many forms and styles. Stick figures do as well. I've seen tons of comics that use stick figures for purposes ranging from artistic license to I just can't draw for crap. I can't really tell which is used here, but the stick figure style works for this crazy little comic. The characters look like a jelly bean with stick arms and legs and a head. So technically they aren't stick figures, so let's call em jelly belly figures. Anyway, I don't think it would work so well if they were drawn in an anatomically correct real world style because it wouldn't be so funny to see real people getting impaled, chopped into little bite sized pieces, drilled in the head, anally raped, disemboweled, ran over, kicked in the nuts, shot over and over, stabbed...you get the drift. I hope. No backgrounds to speak of, with the exception of an occasional chair or dog or something, but those are usually used to extinguish a characters life in some way. It's colored, and simple, and sometimes fun to look at, but there is only so much jelly belly figure carnage a sane person can look at.

I did find a host of the comics to be funny, but this is a comic for a certain audience. That audience is people who don't mind brutal cartoon killing and evil sex, which is most of the webcomic readers out there. Kidding. I don't think a comic like this can go too far because it's MEANT to go that far, and attempt to be funny about it. Seeing a little cartoon dude flying through the air kicking a little girl is funny in this setting, because it's not real, see! This is basically a carnage fueled wet dream for sado masochists. Okay, I'm getting ahead of myself here. It's hard to describe the feeling I get from THIScomic. I want to like it, but another part of me tells me it's wrong. Oh so wrong. But funny. Funny wrong? I dunno. The jokes are always about someone getting hurt, one of the two main characters or the daughter of one. It's funny, but after reading about half of them you start getting this uneasy feeling of "what is WRONG with this dude?". How much of this can one take? The comic seems pretty popular, so I guess a whole lot, and with the format of the comic, Smayds can crank this stuff out forever, it would seem. Simple, mindless self indulgence.

I'm going to have to say that THIScomic is good for the people that it is aimed at. Don't take it too seriously and you'll have fun with it, but it wears thin really fast. If you're looking for a quick funny violent fix, check it out. But I don't know if you'll be bookmarking a comic that has a jellybelly stick figure little girl bleeding from her vagina at school.

I give THIScomic...
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
(For mindless, violent, but tiresome, fun)

1 comment:

Brigid said...

One word.

Eww.

One sound effect.

*bleccchhh!*


That has got to be one of the grossest things you've reviewed so far!